In addition to business travel and commercial travel, airports support essential services which include but are not limited to air ambulance flights, transportation for medical personnel, firefighting, law enforcement, flight training, CDW, pipeline patrol, electric utility installation & monitoring, and search & rescue missions.
- Medical flights with patients or critical organs on board or check-carrying cargo operations.
- Patients are transferred to area local hospitals for their treatment needs.
- People from as far as Western Kansas, Nebraska, and parts of Eastern & Western Colorado utilize the air ambulance system supported by Medical Center of the Rockies, Poudre Health Systems, and other specialty treatment centers in the area.
- Northern Colorado SEAT (Single Engine Attack) Base deploys throughout Colorado and our neighboring states to put out and control wildfires
- Air Force, Army, and National Guard units stop by for fuel and training
- Pilots in training go on to fill the needs for commercial applications.