Construction near the Airport
For new construction and/or construction using cranes within close proximity to Northern Colorado Regional Airport, please use the following information to submit a FAA Form 7460-1, Notice of Proposed Construction or Alteration, prior to construction.
An FAA Form 7460-1 is required if ANY of the following criteria are met:
- Any construction or alteration within 20,000 feet of the Airport which exceeds a 100:1 slope from any point on the nearest runway
- Any highway, railroad or other traverse way whose prescribed adjusted height would exceed the above noted standards
- Any construction or alteration exceeding 200 feet above ground level, regardless of distance from the Airport
- Any construction or alteration actually located on the Airport, regardless of height or location
- When requested by the FAA
Use the Notice Criteria Tool on the left side of the page to enter information on any potential obstructions.
Please note this process may take up to 90 days.
If you have additional questions, please contact Northern Colorado Regional Airport Operations at 970-962-2853.
On-Airport Access for Contractors
For projects that will span longer than a week please see our Airport Security Badge process.
For infrequent access you will need to schedule an escort if you do not have a badge or need access to areas not covered by AOA badge access regardless if the work is for utilities, surveys, or project as the Airport is TSA controlled. Appointments must be made with at least two day’s notice through our booking calendar below or by calling 970-962-2853. Please come to the front desk of Airport Administration at 4900 Earhart Road, Loveland, CO 80538 at the time of your appointment. Up to 9 individuals may be escorted. Please note, most escorts are for surveys or utilities access/work.
If you have a request for something else please place ALL of the details of the request in your note. Such as
- Who you are
- What you’re doing, and
- Why you’re doing it